Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year

This past year has been amazing for so many reasons. I'm excited to keep up with this blog since I do love writing.

We spent New Years Eve at this sweet little indoor play place with another little boy and his mama. There was a kids' party with "champagne" (Italian soda with fruit) and bubbles. We counted down til noon! Too cute!

I don't have many resolutions besides the ol' eating healthier and exercising more routine. Hopefully that doesn't fizzle early on. I guess I have some resolutions for Matt such as: stop throwing your dirty laundry behind the bedroom door, and quit leaving dirty dishes in the sink!!!

Anyway, here's a survey: 

1)What did you do in 2013 that you'd never done before? had a baby!
2)Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't remember my resolutions from last year! I'll save my resolution list for another entry.
3)Did anyone close to you give birth? Besides myself, I met several other new mamas with babies the same age as Madeleine! 
4)Did anyone close to you die? I lost my grandpa (Papa Tom) last January. I'm sad that he never got to meet his first great granddaughter, but I'm glad he's at peace.
5)What countries did you visit? We didn't do any traveling this year :[
6)What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013? Self-discipline! 
7)What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory and why? The whole month of July! I turned 24 on the 3rd, experienced labor and had a baby on the 18th, celebrated our first wedding anniversary on the 21st. Such a cool month!
8)What was your biggest achievement of the year? Starting a tiny family and graduating from the University of Washington!
9)What was your biggest failure? I think I had a bunch of smaller failures, like not letting things go when I should have or letting myself be lazy.
10)Did you suffer any illness or injury? Thankfully, no!
11)What was the best thing you bought? I didn't buy it, but Matt got me a violin for Christmas! I cried! I'm also very happy to be the proud owner of a Keurig that we got from my parents for Christmas. 
12)Where did most of your money go? Easy. Iced caramel sauce americanos.  
13)What do you wish you'd done more of? I wish I had spent more time outside doing outdoorsy stuff…that, and I wish I had been more organized. 
14)What do you wish you'd done less of? Complaining. I'm very skilled at complaining.
15)What was the best book you read? Mayim Bialik's Beyond the Sling. Certainly one of the most crunchiest pieces I've ever read, and although she does many things parenting-wise that I don't, I really admire her!
16)What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 24 and ate a ton of sushi with friends. This was just a couple of weeks before Madeleine was born.
17)How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013? Uhh….maternity/nouveau hippy? I'd like to tone back up so I can wear more of my pre pregnancy clothes so it looks like I at least tried to look decent when I leave the house!
18)Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013: Life seems shorter and shorter, so appreciate every moment, no matter how challenging.






No comments:

Post a Comment